Friday, February 2, 2007

COPA Flight Log - Electronic Logbook. Part 2

COPA Flight Log - Electronic Logbook. Part 1.5

The insurance for one of the airplanes I'm listed on is due, so I must provide new logbook times. Goop incentive to finish loading up the COPA Flight Log to see how it does. If you have read my previous posts on this you know that imports of export files, even those create by Aloft cause a crash. I sent an email to Skymark on January 27th, so far I have not received any reply.

There is another bug as well. When I enter a number of flights, as in bringing the program up to date with my log book, there is a Save and New button which completes the current entry but leaves the flight entry dialog up ready for the next flight. Unfortunately using this option also occasionally causes the program to crash, loosing all entries made during the session.

Once all my data was entered the program was able to give me all the totals, and past 12 month figures the insurance company wants. Overall it seems like a fairly good design for private pilots or students, but the bugs and level of support are discouraging. If you're looking for an electronic logbook, and don't do a lot of flying, or have a very full log book this program may be worth your time.

No comments: