Tuesday, January 9, 2007

NAV CANADA Internet Flight Planning System-Survey

Update: According to the COPA non-members page anyone can fill out the survey, there is a link from COPA to the survey so no need to wait.

I received an email from Nav Canada requesting subscribers of the Internet Flight Planning System (IFS) to complete a survey. For those who may not know this system allows subscribers (pilots or dispatchers) to edit, store and file flight plans using a Web Browser. I don't think my Cherokee and I were the primary audience for this system but it does support us and I have found it quite useful on occasion. The survey had lots of the standard Strongly Agree, Agree, ... stuff but also had two free form text areas where the responder could enter opinions, suggestions or product requests. It was not limited to IFS but also had questions targeting the AWWS products as well. If you aren't registered for IFS you won't be receiving the same invitation. Since AWWS is potentially of interest to all pilots I asked a manager at Nav Canada Customer Service Systems & Performance by email if they had plans to survey those who aren't registered for IFS. Within 10 minutes I had received an answer, and they do. So if there is something you like, hate or want on the AWWS page start keeping notes.

No comments: